Over the past year, our Post, our patrons, and our community have endured the life-altering COVID-19 pandemic. As our Post navigated this unexpected pandemic, many changes had to be made on the fly, and we worked hard to keep a little sense of normalcy along the difficult journey. Unfortunately, we had to pause our bingo operations. The safety of our patrons and members were always our greatest priority.
Thanks to tireless efforts by our national and state government officials, national and state VFW leaders, and numerous medical experts to mitigate and ultimately beat this pandemic, our Post is now able to reopen bingo in a safe way for all.
Bingo Resumes on Thursday, April 8, 2021
Bingo resumes at VFW Post 5408 in Acworth, Georgia, on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 7:30pm; doors will open at 5:00pm. Our VFW Auxiliary will resume their Sunday afternoon bingo sessions starting on Sunday, April 11, 2021, at 4pm. For now, Saturday evening bingo will not be held, but we anticipate bringing back Saturday evening bingo in the very near future.
Bingo Game Payouts
As we gradually resume bingo operations, games and payouts are subject to change based on State of Georgia bingo laws and the number of bingo player attendance. Starting Thursday, April 8, 2021, bingo games and payouts will be as follows:
- (4) $100 bingo games
- (1) Double Action Game
- (1) Speed Ball Game
- (1) Jackpot Game – payout will initially be based on bingo player attendance
New Bingo Rules & Patron Expectations
While we are reopening bingo, our community still faces some challenges because of COVID-19. To combat these challenges and to provide the safest bingo experience for our members, bingo workers, and patrons, there are some specific rules and expectations as we reopen bingo.
- Masks are encouraged, especially when patrons enter, exit, and walk about the bingo hall; once seated, masks can be taken off at the discretion of the bingo players.
- Social distancing will be required per the State of Georgia and VFW Department of Georgia guidelines, currently listed at 6 feet between people.
- Guests 12 years old and up can play bingo – those between the ages of 12 and 18 can play if they are with a parent or guardian and should remain with the parent or guardian during the bingo session.
- Guests under the age of 12 can come with their parents or guardians, but they must remain with their parent or guardian at ALL TIMES and not disturb surrounding bingo players during game sessions.
- Each bingo table will be setup with three (3) chairs.
- If players are from the same household, they can sit three (3) to a table. If they have other family members who want to sit with them, they can grab an additional chair that is stacked along the walls of the bingo hall.
- If players are from a different household, they can sit two (2) to a table.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed; the snack bar will be open for food and non-alcoholic beverage orders.
- For those looking to buy lottery tickets or adult beverages, our canteen will be open; reminder that the State of Georgia does NOT allow alcoholic beverage consumption in the bingo hall during or right before bingo sessions. Any adult beverages must be consumed in the bar area.
- VFW Post 5408 reserves the right to alter these rules as new requirements and regulations are directed by the State of Georgia, VFW Department of Georgia, VFW Department of Georgia District 1, and VFW Post 5408 Bingo Committee.
We look forward to seeing all of our bingo patrons as we safely return to bingo operations.